A knowledge clip is a brief 5-10-minute video explaining a single topic. Knowledge clips are ideal for preparation, self-study and tutoring, and lecturers increasingly have students record their own knowledge clips as assignments. There are several methods for recording knowledge clips:
- Screencast: slides with a voice-over by the lecturer.
- Knowledge clips with lecturer-in-picture: slides and lecturer both shown on-screen.
- Pencast:the lecturer writes as he/she explains each step. The notes appear on screen with a voice-over by the lecturer.
- Light board : Lecturer using a light board while he/she addresses the camera. A light board should be available starting in September 2016.
- Greenscreen: the lecturer and image materials are integrated into the screen image.